This is a guide that has been put together on real life experiences. This guide is to help home owners manage their investment properties remotely without the headache of a not so awesome property manager who controls your property and tells you the owner what you can and cannot do. Technology can be hard, it can be scary if you are unfamiliar with it. But have no fear! Your friendly IT investment nerd is here!
We will start off by the equipment you may need and from there we will go into setting them up and then making them all work together, or independently.
- Samsung SmartThings Hub
- Schlag Smart Connect Deadbolt
- Rboys Apps (Lock Automation Software)
- Ecobee 3 Lite
- Door/Window Sensors
- Property Management Software
- Ring Doorbell
- Ring Solar Panels & Ring Outdoor Camera
- Minut (Noise Monitoring)
- Samsung Smart Things Water Leak Sensor (Optional)
- Sensibo Air Conditioner Controller — Maybe?? (if you have window units or mini splits)
The Brains of the system
None of this can actually work unless we have a smart controller, Never fear. SmartThings is here!
This part of the guide will not show you how to set this up, But the Guide of setting up SmartThings will!.
Deadbolts and Locks
Right now this guide will only cover smart deadlocks from Schlag. So for this part, Here is a guide to install a Schlag deadbolt and connect it to your SmartThings controller.